Addressing Life Changes That Require Post-Decree Modifications

Divorce is one of the biggest changes a person will experience in life, but changes continue to occur even after a divorce is final. Children's needs change, you or your former spouse may encounter significant health issues, or you may enter into a new relationship and wish to remarry and even relocate.

There are numerous reasons why changes may be necessary to existing orders regarding custody, parenting plans, child support, alimony or other aspects of your divorce agreement. The Law Offices of Victoria S. Linder, PC, in Sacramento assists clients in the Central Valley and throughout Northern California with these changes.

Attorney Victoria S. Linder is a certified family law specialist by the State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization. Working with a family law specialist means you have someone with specific expertise on your side, working all facets of your case.

We help clients request or oppose changes to existing orders. Disputes over modifications can become more heated than the divorce itself. Attorney Victoria S. Linder works to resolve these matters without the need to litigate whenever possible, yet is also always prepared to advocate for her clients in court when an agreement cannot be reached amicably.

When Modifications Make Sense

Often, divorced parents agree about changes to a custody plan or child support payment. It is important, however, not to settle for a simple verbal agreement between you and your child's other parent when changes are necessary. Working with a knowledgeable lawyer who will help you complete the necessary legal forms is an important safety measure for everyone involved. If a change is left as a verbal agreement, one party can suddenly terminate that change and insist on returning to the original court-approved order.

We assist clients with a wide range of post-decree issues, including:

Learn More About Modifying Existing Orders

We can answer your questions regarding modifications or enforcement of existing orders, assess your situation and recommend an effective course of action during an initial consultation. Call or use our online contact form to schedule a meeting.